Applejack, at her family's barn (outside).
Orange, white (freckles)
Light yellow with red bands and brown hat
Applejack is an earth pony and a main character of Friendship is Witchcraft. She is one of the three characters (the others being Spike and Lord Tirek), and the only female character to appear in every My Little Pony universe. She also has her own song named How Applejack Won The War which this song didn't appeared in every episode. She is the younger sister of Big Macintosh (Peter New), the daughter of Honey Blossom and Hard Cider, the granddaughter of Granny Smith (Tabitha St. Germain), the cousin of Brae Burn (Michael Daingerfield) and Babs Seed, the wife of Caramel, and also the older sister of Apple Bloom (Michelle Creber). She speaks with a Southern Accent. Ever since the death of her parents, she hates killing and fighting.
Family and workEdit
Applejack is a member of the Apple Family (a large family that groups together at the barn alongside Applejack) along with her younger sister, Apple Bloom. Together they work at the apple farm growing apples. Applejack plans to work on the farm until the day she dies, and is sure that Apple Bloom will as well. Annually, they host the Sentient Social as a way to get free farm labor.
Applejack is stingy and greedy regarding money. She sells her own sister an apron when they go to the market to sell apples, and then tries to take it away from her when she doesn't perform. She also charges Sweetie Belle a $2,000 premium for participating in the Sentient Social race with her.
Personality and personal lifeEdit
Applejack is very loyal to the other ponies but isn't afraid to share her true feelings, positive or negative. She is accustomed to the rural way of life and acts uncouth in comparison to the other ponies, especially Rarity. For instance, Applejack has a tendency to eat anything she pleases, including mud she pretends is chocolate and a sandwich off Twilight's floor. She is encouraging towards Apple Bloom, but only in regards to apple-related pursuits. She is also opposed to Apple Bloom recieving a formal education. This is prominent in Cherry Bomb, when Apple Bloom points out that she can't read.
She has no patience for the Cult of Smooze, but pretends to join the cult during "Read it and Sleep ". She does appear to have a religion, declining to switch when Apple Bloom complains about not having Mark Mitzvahs in "Cute From The Hip". She uses apples to make modern art. Twilight describes the art as "funky." Sex appeal is one of her specialties, and Apple Bloom comments on her sexiness in "Cherry Bomb". In Seed no Evil she shows an attraction to trains while Marvin Gaye's "let's get it on" plays in the background. She has nonsense expressions, usually akin to stereotypical "Farm Folk". Her brilliant analogies usually have something to do with rattlesnakes.
In Dragone Baby Gone, she is the Element of Loyalty, but was switched to Honesty.
Power Pony ApplejackEdit
Power Pony Applejack is Applejack's champion form. She first transformed into Power Pony to save an unicorn stallion named Neon Lights from getting eaten alive by a man-eating plant. Since then, Power Pony Applejack has fought various villains like Tiger Claw (Eric Bauza), the Shredder (Kevin Michael Richardson), Fish Face (Christian Lanz), the Purple Dragons, Rahzar (Clancy Brown), Baxter Stockman (Phillip LaMarr), Nightmare Moon (Tabitha St. Germain), Discord (John De Lancie), and the demon minions of King Sombra.
- Apple Torpedo (Apple Launcher): Fires her shotgun, which disassembles into a missile. In My Little Pony: Endless Night, Applejack attempts to used this attack on Nightmare Moon, but she blocked it easily.
Princess Applejack is Applejack's ultimate form. In this form, she grows two wings on her back and both of her mane and tail are much more longer than her previous two forms. She can shoot an-orange colored beam from her horn towards her opponents. However, she is no longer use her lasso during combat.
Applejack is the veteran of a war that ended ten years prior to the events of the series. During this war she became the highest ranking officer in Ponyville and earned five medals, though her exact rank is not known. According to How Apples Won the War, she was commander of the Apple Corps. Her experiences did not seem to have any negative lasting effects on her character, as was the case with Rarity.
- Power Pony Applejack vs. Flash Sentry
- Power Pony Applejack vs. Princess Cadence
- Princess Applejack vs. Prince Shining Armor
- Princess Applejack vs. King Sombra
- Power Pony Applejack vs. Nightmare Moon
- Princess Applejack vs. Discord
- Power Pony Applejack vs. Prince Shining Armor
- Power Pony Applejack vs. April O'Neil
- Power Pony Applejack vs. Leonardo
- Princess Applejack vs. Flash Sentry
- Power Pony Applejack vs. Fancy Pants
- Power Pony Applejack vs. Soarin'
- Princess Applejack vs. Thunder Lane
Disputes with RarityEdit
Applejack is rivals with Rarity so she believes that Rarity is a deserter, and Rarity in turn accuses Applejack of war crimes involving civilian casualties. The accusations of war crimes involve an event where Applejack supposedly drove a stampede into a schoolhouse in order to save the Apple Family. Rarity calls this episode a "barbaric display of violence." The event causes considerable friction between the two ponies. At the end of Episode 2, however, Applejack admits that she likes some of Rarity's hats, although it is unknown whether this is true or not. Applejack and Rarity often fight a lot.
"I did what I had to to protect the Apple Family."
"We didn't name you Apple Bloom so you could grow up to be the president."
"... and that's why I'm the element of
"We do it every year to get out of farm labor!"
"I ignore things that challenge me!" Reply to Cadence's question "I thought I told you, I'm allergic to apples."
Sexily: "Now that's what I call a train."
- (to Nermal) You called my little sister a dog?!
- (after kicking James Savoy by accident out of the open window as he falls to his death onto the roof of a parked Volkswagen beetle) It wasn't an accident, Pinkie. I swear.
- I'm not a monster. People who committed manslaughter is a monster, especially you Savoy. (spoken to James Savoy in My Little Pony: Age of Wars)
- You don't deserve to live. (spoken to Harold Attinger in My Little Pony: Age of Wars)
- (to Garfield) We don't serves salmon pizzas here. Now get lost!
- You framed me for the murders of my parents. Does that ring a bell? (spoken to Myles Standish in My Little Pony: Dark Resurrection)
- (looks into a lake of water) That's not my mother. That's my reflection.